Do you want to do hotel Management after 12th / SYJC from Dadar Catering College( IHM , Mumbai) ?
https://www.mcmindia.org/about-us (now called Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai or IHM, Mumbai) is one of the Institutes of Hotel Management ( IHMs) regulated by the National Council for Hotel Management , Delhi (NCHM). To understand the admission process of the Dadar Catering College, you will have to understand the admission process of NCHM.
The National Council for Hotel Management is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Central Government of India. The Council has set up Government-sponsored Institutes of Hotel Management all over India, including IHM, Mumbai. It centrally regulates academics for hospitality management through structured courses of studies imparted at the Institutes of Hotel Managements and Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country. All Institutes uniformly follow the standardised course curricula prescribed by the Council.
About the Degree course offered by National Council for Hotel Management
The degree offered by all the IHMs under NCHM is three years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Hospitality and Hotel Administration. This degree is jointly offered by NCHM and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi.
This course is open to candidates from science, commerce, arts and other recognized streams.
The annual fee in all the IHMs is approximately Rs. 1,00,000/- annum. The fees include admission fee, tuition fee, IGNOU fee, training food / other lab material fee, operational and other institutional fee, exam fee and refundable caution money.
Most of the IHMs have hostel facility and the students normally do not have any problem of accommodation in the IHMs.
- For admission in a college under the National Council, the candidate should have passed class 12 in any stream with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Students appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear for the Joint Entrance Examination for being considered on a provisional basis.
- The candidate should not be more than 25 years old as on July 1 of the year of the entrance exam. For SC/ ST candidates, the maximum age is relaxed up to 28 years.
Nature of the Written Test https://www.mcmindia.org/hotelmanagement
- To gain admission into the first year of the three-year degree course in any of the colleges under the National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, the eligible candidate has to sit for a JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (NCHM JEE) which is an all-India examination generally held in the second/ third week of April every year.
- Usually, announcements of JEE application forms’ availability, dates of the examination, etc. are made in the months of January/ February.
- After the JEE, a merit list based on the marks secured in JEE is announced.
- Those who qualify in the JEE’s merit list are invited for centralised counselling in New Delhi.
- On-the-spot allotment of Institute is made to the eligible candidates based on the merit list of the JEE.
Preparation for the https://www.mcmindia.org/nchmjee
The JEE is an all-India Online examination where students from all over India compete to gain admission into the IHM’s under the National Council of Hotel Management. It needs thorough preparation in Mathematics, Science, Reasoning, English, GK, Current Affairs and Aptitude for Service Sector. MCM Classes offer complete classroom , online and correspondence training programmes for https://www.mcmindia.org/hotelmanagement.
The https://www.mcmindia.org/hotelmanagement have their centres in Bandra , Dadar , Borivali , Andheri , Thane and Vashi . They have expert Hotel Management Counsellors who will be happy to help you. They have been guiding students for the last 20 years.
Every year more than 80 MCM Students join IHM, Mumbai. More than 200 MCM students join the IHMs across India.
Even you can !